What I'm up to
- Always updating the Firejuice business model - I like the clarity of our homepage.
- Added a new long-term case study giving a taste of the work we're doing for PRIMA.
- Working with Moshoeu on a solid pipeline of enquiries needing help with "doing better marketing" (we're selective in who we work with 😊).
- Taming my garden - we recently moved into a new house with a garden that suffers from years of neglect!
- I'm starting a new newsletter where I will mostly share my blog posts with learnings and thoughts as I work with entrepreneurs and companies on growth-related projects.
- Started reading Jawbreaker, a book about the first CIA covert operations in Afghanistan after 9/11.
- Finishing this excellent book about sales prospecting - it's filled with practical advice from someone who has been doing it for years.
- Making my way through On Writing Well - a must-read for anyone interested in writing better non-fiction.
- Almost done with A Field Guide to Channel Strategy, a technical book about entering new markets. I bought it after several inquiries looking to either enter the South African market or diversify into new categories. My conclusion? Developing a route-to-market strategy is a complex exercise that can only be done jointly with the client and prospective channel partners.
- The petty, internally obsessed nature of South African politics. We're fighting with each other instead of fighting for a better future.
- How to stay healthy.